- This event has passed.
Find Your Artistic Focus
July 10, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$210
Soraya Sarah Nazarian Program in the Fine Arts
Learn the technique of painting and develop your craft through analyzing, exploring and practicing the art of modern masters. Discover the source of their inspiration. Draw from life in each artist-influenced session, culminating in finding your personal voice. Together we will explore: Henri Matisse: Fauve colors; Pablo Picasso: Expressive portraiture; Giorgio de Chirico: Surrealism; Jean Arp: Aleatoric (Chance) painting; Marc Chagall: Dream imagery; Wassily Kandinsky: Expressionism and in the final sessions: your Personal Style. Acrylic and/or color pastels on paper or canvas.
Required supplies for this program:
- Art Supplies
- Paper Pad: Heavy Stock, canvas panels or canvases 14”x20”; 18”x24” to 20”x28”
- #2 Soft Pencils
- Black Sharpie Markers
- Set of Color Pastels: 12 to 36 colors
- Set of Color Acrylic Paints: 12 to 36 colors
- Suggested colors: Cadmium Yellow Light, Yellow Orange, Orange, Red Orange, Cadmium Red Medium. Quinacridone Rose, Violet, Cerulean Blue, Manganese or Cobalt Blue, Thalo or Prussian Blue, Untramarine Blue, Indigo, Viridian or Thalo Green, Yellow Green, Payne’s Gray, Black and White
- Brushes: variety of round and flat in sizes from #2 to 2 inch
- Paint Palet
- Spray Workable Fixative
- Sponge and/or Sea Sponge
- Masking Tape
- Water container
- Paper Towels and/or rags
S.P. Harper studied art at American University in Paris, University of Southern (BFA) and ArtCenter. After 12 years in New York, she returned to Los Angeles to teach art. She concentrates on Ecocentric Art and exhibits throughout California. More at spharper.com.